Each year, members of Congress and their staff – along with friends of the animal health community – gather to celebrate America’s pets at AHI’s annual Pet Night on Capitol Hill.
During the reception, attendees are invited to mix and mingle with colleagues and pose for photos with the honored celebrity guests. Recent Pet Night celebrations have also featured winners of the Cutest Pets on Capitol Hill photo contest. In addition to being an annual favorite among Hill staff and animal lovers alike, the event continues to bring awareness to the connection between animal health and human health.
Past celebrity pets have included:
- Quince, the dog who plays “Baxter” in “Anchorman 2”
- Aragon the cat, who stars as “Lord Tubbington” in the hit show “Glee”
- Uggie, the Jack Russel Terrier who played “Jack” in the award-winning film “The Artist”
- Tennessee, the cat who played “Buttercup” in the hit movie “The Hunger Games”
- Bodie, the French bulldog who starred in the movie “Due Date”
- Cheeto, the cat who played “Azrael” in the hit movie “The Smurfs”
- George, the friendly canine who played “Marmaduke” in the hit film
- Charlie, the well-trained cat who played “Mr. Jinx” in “The Little Fockers” movie
- “Sprinkles” the cat from the award-winning show “The Office”
- The canine star who plays “Ahnold” on the hit HBO show “Entourage”